Friday 2 March 2012

MAXI SKIRTS

Its time to let down your hemlines ladies as the Maxi skirts make a come back and will literally sweep you off your feet this season. A maxi skirt (or dress) should be a staple item in your closet as it doesn't get easier than this to get that Bohemia Chic look.
A maxi skirt is a very versatile and you can achieve an end number of looks by throwing on different tops and accessories.
Awesomely comfortable and functional, esp. for the Indian summers, here is how I'm gonna rock the Maxi this summer (waiting for the temperature to rise a lil' more though!!)

Look No. 1

Im in love with this coral colored skirt. Team the skirt with your comfy gladiators and a tank top or vest for a cool breezy look during the scorching summers. 



Look No.2
I often hear short or petite girls complaining that the  Maxi is not for them. 
Well, NEWSFLASH - YOU ARE WRONG.
Petites can look good in a maxi as good as the others. I myself am the quintessential petite as im only 5 ft. tall (arrrgghhhhh... don't get me started on my height ) with the tiniest frame that god ever built....hence this is how im gonna plan my outfit.
  • Petites should only be a lil' careful that the maxi skirt or the dress should not be too voluminous else we will drown in them. Make sure they are more form fitted and fall closer to your body.
  • Also avoid very distracting or busy prints on the skirt. Opt for a more simple and clean pattern.
  • If you think that the length of the skirt is too long, fret not. You can always get the length adjusted by your local tailor... or better still, wear it high-waisted, as this will give you the illusion of a longer torso and make you look taller.
  • ..and now for my best part, Sky High Heels. Why fear when we have heels girls!!!  But make sure you can walk in them. The floor sweeping skirt and killer heels instantly gives that extra added length to the vertically challenged like us. (pheww... i hate calling my self that..)

These are only ideas girls... there are a million ways you you can dress up the skirt and look boho-chic. Just throw on a pair of cropped leather jacket with some booties for the rock chic look. Else team your brightly colored skirts with a contrast blazer for a more classy feel.
So girls let me know how you style your maxis ...... XOXO                        




3 comments:

  1. I loved the first look..the coral skirt is lovely..the whole look is damn comfy..loved the beige gladiators..want to follow you but didn't see any followers tab :(

    I would really appreciate if you can join mu blog
    http://fewunnecessarystuff.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie...im glad you liked the outfits. im sorry that the follow me button was missing coz there was a problem with my page. i will be following u...n i'l b glad if u follow me.
      Thanks hon!!!

      Delete
  2. I am loving maxis this summer....Nice post !!

    Dear, I am hosting FoxHouse international giveaway currently, where you can win $50 worth of Apparels and Shoes...Just click the link below to enter :)

    Enter FoxHouse giveaway and win $50
    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete